The Best Property Management Companies in Chicago
Grid 7 Properties Blog Post - 1/16/2023
In 2023, thanks to our amazing clients, Grid 7 Properties is celebrating our 13th year as a Residential and Commercial Property Management company! At the time of our founding, there were only a handful of Property Management companies in the Chicagoland area. Every year since we started, we’ve seen more PM companies start up, while other PM companies have left the business.
The truth is most Property Management companies provide the same basic services. However, only a few Chicago Property Management companies can do the basic things well, and even fewer can do those basic things well consistently. Those that are able to do both are the companies who are successful in the PM business.
Great Property Management Companies Have Great Systems
Property Management companies need stronger systems than most other businesses. Why? Most businesses either have a service or a product; however, Property Management has both a product (the property) and a service (the day-to-day operations).
Great PM companies have great systems for driving their businesses. More importantly, they can easily repeat those systems, and provide a consistent level of support from client to client. To make matters more complex, Property Managers have a service model that supports both the tenant and the property owner. That means a good Property Management company has to offer the same level of quality for every tenant and every owner.
Good Property Management companies usually specialize in supporting real estate investors. Yet without outstanding tenant services, they’ll have trouble filling those rental properties for their owner clients. Truly great Property Management companies consistently offer solid products and services to both investors and renters. That level of repeatability sets the good property managers apart from the far less consistent ones. And that all starts with world-class systems, something Grid 7 Properties prides itself on.
Some Of Our Favorite Partners
Real talk: Sometimes even the outstanding products and services Grid 7 Properties offers won’t be the best fit for someone. And that’s okay! It’s also why we’ve made a strong effort to be involved in the Chicago Property Management community. By networking and collaborating with other good Property Managers, we’ve come to know the best companies in the area. So when we don’t fit someone’s needs, we can confidently recommend other great Property Management companies in the Chicago area.
Besides ourselves, here’s a list of a few of our favorite Property Management Companies:
1. GC Realty & Development, LLC – With almost two decades of experience, GC Realty manages commercial and residential properties on the south and west side of Chicago as well as the southern suburbs.
2. Landmark Property Management – As an industry leader, Landmark is located in the Pilsen neighborhood, but also has a strong presence in Will County. If you need property management in Joliet, Mokena, Frankfort, New Lenox, Pilsen, or Little Village, talk to the team at Landmark.
3. Marblestone Property Group – Marblestone has a strong focus on the south and southeast side of Chicago. Owner Jared Kott is the self-proclaimed "Boss of the Southeast Side", and they work with investors in C and D Class properties on the Southside of Chicago in neighborhoods like South Chicago, Deering, South Shore, Pullman, & Roseland.
4. Concierge Property Management LTD – Serving Lake County, they have built a team that works great with investors.
5. Chicago Style Management – The owners of this firm can solve problems in C and D Class areas better than most other property managers. And they manage in areas where finding a quality manager is tough like Englewood, Back of Yards, Gage Park, and Marquette Park.
There are quite a few property managers to choose from in the Chicagoland area. However, if you are looking for a company that can deliver consistent and high quality property management over time, you've come to the right place. If you have questions about the level of quality to expect from your Property Management company, don't hesitate to contact us anytime!